associate professor of the Department of Psychiatry and Narcology of Belarusian Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education
In 1997 Oleg Aizberg graduated from Minsk State Medical University, Faculty of General Medicine.
- From August, 1997, to August, 1998, he had internship at Minsk Narcological Dispensary.
- In April, 1998, he got his initial specialization at the Department of Psychiatry of Belarusian Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education.
- From August, 1998, to September, 2000, Oleg Aizberg worked as a psychiatrist at Minsk Narcological Dispensary.
- From August, 1998, to August, 1999, Oleg Aizberg continued his career at Minsk Narcological Dispensary, working at the unit for prevention, diagnostics and treatment of drug abuse.
- From September, 1999, to September, 2000, Oleg Aizberg worked at Inpatient Therapy Unit for Drug Abusers.
- From December, 1999, to February, 2001 he participated at the project “Consolidation and enhancing efforts while preventing from spreading of HIV/AIDS among intravenous drug abusers in the Republic of Belarus” as a narcologist-consultant.
- From September, 2000, to August, 2002, Oleg Aizberg had been undergoing training at clinical residency at the Department of Psychology of Belarusian Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education.
- From September, 2002, to January, 2009, he worked at Belarusian Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education (BelMAPE) as an assistant of the Department of Psychiatry and Narcology.
- Since January, 2009 until the present he has been working as an associate professor at the Department of Psychiatry and Narcology of Belarusian Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education.
He is a Candidate of Medical Sciences on the specialty Narcology (2005). His thesis is “Transcultural examination of patients with alcohol addiction in Belarus and Germany”.
Participation in scientific projects
- From 2012 to 2014 Oleg Aizberg participated in the project “Assistance of Columbia University of New York in the evaluation of the efficiency of opioid substitution therapy in Tajikistan, Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan.
- From 2010 to 2011 he conducted training courses on narcology for physicians from Kyrgyzstan in the frameworks of the project of the European Union CADAP.
- From 2007 to 2009 Oleg Aizberg was a manager of the project “Minimal brain dysfunction and hyperactivity in patients with alcohol and drug abuse” (Belarusian Republican Foundation of Fundamental Investigations).
- From January, 2001 to August, 2002 he was a participant of a multicentral investigation of the World Health Organization “Prompt evaluation of the situation of drug consumption with the help of injections and evaluation of response measures in Minsk”.
- From September, 1998 to July, 2000 Oleg Aizberg was a member of the joint Belarusian and Dutch project ”Adaptation of the clinical instrument - addiction severity index and creation of multidisciplinary medical teams in narcology”.
He published 42 works in scientific journals.
Since 1998 Oleg Aizberg has been a member of the Belarusian Association for Psychiatry.
Oleg Aizberg is an active member of Eurasian Drug Harm Reduction Association (EHRA).
He is a member of Editorial Boards for “Heroin dependence and related problems”, “Psychiatry, psychotherapy and clinical psychology”.
Language skills: German - fluent, English – Pre-Intermediate.
His main scientific interests are the following ones: treatment of opioid dependence, new synthetic cannabinoids, obsessive compulsive disorder, bipolar disorder, history of psychiatry.
Last edit 2020-12-07 11:57:40