International cooperation is one of the most important activities of the Academy to facilitate the training of highly qualified specialists, to introduce priority directions of medical science and to provide highly qualified medical care.
International relations of BelMAPE are constantly developing and getting stronger. The main foreign partners are:
- National Medical Academies of Postgraduate Education in Moscow, St. Petersburg, Kyiv, Ivano-Frankivsk, as well as universities in Japan, Turkey, Iran, Italy, Georgia, Russia, Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan:
- State Administration on Traditional Chinese Medicine of the People’s Republic of China;
- International Medical Foundations and the Associations: «Children of Chernobyl» in Lower Saxony (Federal Republic of Germany), the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) in the Republic of Belarus, the World Association of Societies of acupuncture and moxibustion, and others.
The principal activities in the framework of international cooperation are:
- Training courses, specialization, advanced training of medical staff, including participation in international educational programs; postgraduate studies and training in the clinical residency of foreign doctors;
- Referring employees of BelMAPE abroad and welcoming of foreign experts to exchange experiences in the field of medical science, postgraduate medical education and practical health care;
- Scientific and technical cooperation with foreign institutions of higher education, medical scientific and practical institutions, organizations, scientific societies, professional associations;
- Establishment and development of effective and mutually beneficial partnerships with leading educational and scientific institutions of the world, the preparation of multilateral cooperation programs in the fields of science, education and culture;
- Elaborating proposals to ensure the equivalence and recognition of education certificates;
- Study and development of modern scientific medical and educational technologies in the various forms of international contacts.